This is just a simple 2x2x.5 rubber piece, I think it sell for 2.95, but it not only takes the adhesives of my mats, more importantly it takes glops and some of those bits of glue that squish out between the layers of my cards!!
Here is a couple of before pictures of my mats:
They really look pretty crappy, especially since I have about 25 square feet of them on my workbench tops!
This is an after:
I know these pictures aren't very good, but I think you can get an idea of how much they are improved! To help keep the mats in good shape I wiped them with a thin coat of glycerin and water. they felt smooth as new! This is the great product I used to clean them with: Home Depot, $4.99 and I only used on eraser out of the package of 7! I thought of this only because I used to use these to clean my vintage sewing machines, you wet the sponge, squeeze out excess water and just rub on the area you wish to clean. They never damaged the old paint job, just remvoed nicotine, grime and grease. I also tried it on my burnerless stove, andf that helped with a few spots I was having a hard time removing.
So all in all for less than a dollar I was able to clean and restore the mats I paid about 80.00 for. I think that is a good deal!
This is the culprit that likes to walk through the open ink pads!
Thanks for stopping by! Next: samples for my SU work shops!
Never mind, Ginny, it came up when I revisited!
Post a Comment