I had a swap for July in Oriental Stamp Arts, the theme was blossoms and I thought this would be a great opportunity to work on my Alcohol pen coloring.
One card I made earlier and blogged about it:
The next card was a little bit different. It does have one thing in common: RED
I have also discovered red has a reputation for being difficult to handle in AP coloring.
You can see a significant difference in these blooms, I like them both.
The first one I used shades of red only and it seemed a little flat to me, the second bloom I used BP's and CR's - blue pinks and coral reds. Knowing these blossoms were going on a blue paper I knew the over all colors would work. It also made me realize 168 colors might not be enough!
I created an easel to help with the coloring, I have some tendon damage in my hands that feels like Carpel Tunnel Syndrome.
This is an accordion file folder. It gives me enough of a wedge shape to ease hand strain. I store cheap water color paper in it to use as a blotter.
for my second card I printed two set of stems from this botanical print.
I changed the color a bit as I wanted it to work with the strange back ground I picked.
I really liked the blue and craft and thought this would make an unusual card. I sure hope my swap partner likes it!
You can right click this and save for your stash
because of the textured and metallic paper I used the old faithful glue gun for adhesion.
A6 size mounted on Kraft colored packing board.
If you like craft paper , buying chip board sheets at uline is the way to go - 960 sheets for $43.00. The same amount of paper would be $280.00 through Stampin up, and the uline is a heavier paper. I do use a lighter weight kraft paper for direct stamping, but for bases weights, uline is the way to go.
Thanks for stopping by , I hope you have a great weekend!