This week I re-entered the OSA Sunday Challenges. you have all week to make the card , the new ones are posted on Sunday.
The Challenge was an LIM card by GinaA
Why do things that look so simple hang you up when you try do recreate?
Or maybe it's just me! I do much better improvising
I started out trying to use a clear block to create the Ink shadow
That was a disaster
went to a smaller size:
The I had the idea to mask off an area and use my air airbrush thingy
The air brush squeeze thing made my hand hurt and I wasn't overly impressed with the results -
but this was my first attempt.
I spritzed out my square
Inked my stamp in three colors
Stamped and waited a few seconds:
Realized I should have masked the cats and the blue background showed through (of course it would, what was I thinking!!
So I got out my trusty black ink marker pen and jar of acrylic pain and did a touch up
Still needed more whiteness/ opaqueness so I added pear white nail polish!
When I pulld the mask tape off, it lifted the surface of the paper on part of the card! UGH, so instead of trashing the image I cut it out and adhered to a new base. So it isn't exactly a one layer card, but close enough!
Here It is!
I hope you are having a joyful holiday!
Thanks for stopping by!